When it comes to personal security, how sure are you that you are not being hacked into? At a personal level, how do you ensure that your personal confidential data is safe from prying eyes?
If you use a computer/mobile device – a smart phone or mobile device like an iPad, a laptop or computer and or use email and other digital gadgets like flash drive, take note. Please read carefully the following short cases.
An executive at one of the top telecom companies woke up one day and found his private photos taken while on leisure in Dubai sent to him via email with requests for ransom payment. He ended up losing his job, as the cyber criminals could not leave him alone.
Another CEO of a top financial institution discovered that his laptop taking longer than usual to power up or startup. On review, it was found to have a key-logger which would send details of everything he typed to an email they could not trace the owner. Unknown to him, an insider had accessed his laptop during normal maintenance and installed the program.
Many cyber criminals are targeting employees who have not prioritized personal safety and security while on-line or using mobile devices. Top managers who use smart phones are not spared.
Are you leaving your personal ICT security to your IT manager? You shouldn’t. You are your first security manager. Here is the opportunity to give you the basic skills to protect yourself online.
As a top executive, you have information which others would like to get hold of about you or your organisation. As a computer/ mobile device user, you need fundamental skills and knowledge to protect personal information and critical confidential data. Secure Computer User training helps provide critical practical skills to protect you against identity theft, credit card scams, phishing scams, backdoors and social engineering. It’s your responsibility to protect yourself.
The Certified Secure User training is divided into two: for top managers and for other staff. Top managers need basic skills to protect themselves from mainly internal threats (where a lot of confidential data is stolen from them through (most of the time) people they work with and tend to trust).
The top manager’s training (highlighted modules) is for 3 hours duration. Company staff are recommended to attend all the training. The entire costs last for three (3 days). You have an option for evening classes (1 week) or week-ends three weeks (Saturday’s only). Pricing is negotiable depending on the number of attendees. The maximum fee per person is US $220.
- CSCU Module 01: Foundations of security
- CSCU Module 02: Securing operating systems
- CSCU Module 03: Protecting systems using Antivirus
- CSCU Module 04: Data Encryption
- CSCU Module 05: Data back up and Disaster Recovery
- CSCU Module 06: Internet Security
- CSCU Module 07: Securing Network Connections
- CSCU Module 08: Securing on line Transactions
- CSCU Module 09: Securing E-mail Communications
- CSCU Module 10: Securing Engineering and Identity Theft
- CSCU Module 11: Security on social Networking Sites
- CSCU Module 12: Information Security and Legal Compliance
- CSCU Module 13: Securing Mobile Devices.
- Senior management who use personal smart phones, mobile devices or laptops and computers on the internet.
- Company employees using computers and mobile device, connected to the Internet.
- Reduce instances of ICT security exposures and fraud. Ensuring computer security at personal level will reduce IT department’s time and resources in trying to troubleshoot user security lapses thereby save you money and resources
- Reduce the risk of leakage of confidential information to adversaries
- Make employees more responsible for their actions. Most employees use ‘ignorance’ as an excuse for failing in their responsibility to prevent IT related fraud during disciplinary hearing. Secure computer user training ensures that they have all the basics to be responsible and prevent fraud.
- Delivered by experts. You will learn a lot and reduce your overall spending on computer security.
Mustapha B. Mugisa
Forensic & Anti-fraud expert