What is motivating you this year? What must you accomplish quickly? What is keeping you up at night?
Imagine the anticipation you get when you are about to sit that end of level exam—Senior four exam, advanced certificate of education exam or university end of year exam or just a job interview. However much you might have prepared, you cannot just relax and chill. Your heart will change the rate. You will be unease. You anticipate. It is a level you must accomplish.
You need that kind of anticipation every day. Look at every end of the day with anticipation. You must pass the life exam that happens daily. Today you must prepare for tomorrow.
What is your emergency today? What is it that you must read or accomplish today to be able to win tomorrow and the other coming day until the year-end? To achieve year-end results, you must win daily. Have daily targets you just accomplish. That is life exams for you.
Have habits of winners
- Have a clear ambition. Define a strategy to attain it. And a plan to make it happen.
- Define your priorities and daily habits.
- Take action.
- Read to improve your knowledge and be open to change
- Have measures to monitor daily progress
- Have an accountability partner to keep your feet on fire to make sure you do what you say you will do when you say you will do it
- Have a team of supporters to cheer you. All you need is positive energy. Anyone who says stop, you cannot do it, after all, you don’t have to do it, is dangerous to your happiness. Shut such people down.
Have a habit of making a daily report of your progress. Write an end of day list of achievements against target and lessons learned.
I wish you success.
Remember, what is your emergency? Don’t be afraid to run when the rest are walking. Don’t be free to stay a bit longer, when the rest have given up. Don’t be afraid to go an extra mile, when the rest say we were paid to stop here. Don’t be ashamed to ask for what more to do, when others are saying we did what you told us.
You meet special people when you go earlier to the party than those who join later. So, what is your emergency?
Copyright Mustapha B Mugisa, 2020. All rights reserved.